Tuesday, August 26, 2008

i've made it!

I made it to Paris! Finally after all my talking about it. So far so good. I love my neighborhood. We've already made friends with the local bartender. My room is VERY small, but thankfully my loft mate Ali and I get along really well. I'm loving the dorm life. Since i've always lived in apartments, i'm not use to going out with 15 people at a time and showering together! You have to press the water button in the showers every 30 seconds, so i've been making mine as quick as possible. This entire week has been dedicated to orientation. My dorm has NO storage area, so Ali and I have 4 giant suitcases next to our beds. We will be making a trip to Ikea-pronto! Um, the milk here is warm. No thank you! Lots of cute euro men. Lots of back gasses and leather jackets-yes! Here are some pictures of my first day here. After dinner last night a big group of use bough $2 bottles of wine and walked along the Seine tward the Effile Tower. Only Ali, Matt and I made it. Probably 7 miles. My feet are killing me.







Matt, Ali & Me

4 comments:

thepinkspoon said...

"We've already made friends with the local bartender."

4th sentence in...That's my girl!!

I miss you terribly, and can't wait to hear more of these fabulous adventures.

Evie said...

Looks like fun! Sounds tough, walking along the Seine drinking wine, oh the hard life! can't wait to read updates. Miss you!

Unknown said...

love love love... how how i miss you, sounds like a lovely time and i cannot wait to be there with you! so i am about to head off to the tattoo parlor (scary!!!) talk to you soon

Anonymous said...

one night, try going out drinking and then walk UP the eiffel tower....

or maybe wait to do that until i get there