Sunday, October 26, 2008

Châteaux mania!

This past weeked our program took us to Lore Valley, home to Châteaux d'Amboise, Château de Chambord, Château de Villandry and Chenonceau. We couldn't have gone at a better time, the seasons turning and all the leaves are falling & changing colors. We went for two days and tried to see as many chateaux as possible. Most of the places make their own wine as well, so we did our fair share of wine tasting, I even got to run through a grape field and eat them straight of the vine! Mmm! The best part of the trip was that we got to stay at a chateaux for the night. Christine and I shared a room, that apparently use to be a hiding spot for some doctor during the French occupation. Our beds had a canopy over it and had the most peaceful view over the Valley in the morning!



Lee & I frolicking through the woods



Danny!







Beaucoupe vin!

1 comment:

Evie said...

I went to all those beautiful Chateaux 2 years ago. They are amazing. Crap, it was 2 1/2 years ago now, maybe 3, not sure. I doubt they've changed though. Which is the one with all the dogs?
And have you gone to the Rodin musee?? I love that place. Great lunch spot too.